"Road is dark and so scary. The rewards legendary"

Disappointment 😟
I was gonna write "disappointment" three times but after hearing the song a couple of times, I'm just gonna keep it at only one. Hearing the song with the producer I was taken back. I didn't know what to say. It seemed he put a lot of effort on the song. I didn't want to pass my dissatisfaction to him. It was a good move since I feel a little better now.

Why did I feel disappointed?
I hoped I would be taken back but in a good way. After all, it's been almost a month. I had a couple of things that I was wishing for, but they weren't there. I wished for a great drop (musical Hook). I wished all the vocals would fall in place and I would only be amazed. Tough luck.
I'm gonna stick with my old drop. The new drop is not bad but I like the one I have right now. He has a point on why he approached it this way and I understand it, but I guess I'll have to settle for the one I have. Only time will tell if mine is any good 😬

After getting all my disappointments out of the way, I have to admit that the song is shaping up and has the potential to be a great song. I know everyone who writes music thinks his piece of music is the best there is (otherwise he wouldn't write it) but I truly believe I have a really good song in the making. I just need to handle the next few steps right because the song is shaping up but it's not quite there yet. The vocals need to lift it to where it needs to be. I'll keep my fingers crossed and pray 😇
The song seems almost full and complete now, I can't imagine what the guitars will do to what we already have. I'm so looking forward to that.

I already put my feedback and comments and will sit with him next week to get things ready for the vocals. I believe at this moment that if the song comes out with the right vocals and guitar, the only thing that's gonna keep it from succeeding is my failure to promote and market it right.

Since I mentioned marketing, I wrote to the PR company that I want to postpone the digital marketing a bit until the next campaign. I never got any response. I hope they're not upset or disappointed, thinking I wasted their time regarding this matter. I'm at a very confused time where I'm thinking that the amount of money I have is not enough to make any dent. If it doesn't get me any return, then it will be money wasted. I'm swinging between not spending any more of my friend's money and just quitting after the new song or just keep at it and push very hard, with everything I got for the next song.
Everything I do doesn't seem to affect my sales or streams. I'm still mid way though the radio campaign with the PR company so I'll have to wait and see. Good things happen to those who wait. Keep dreaming...😂

My Macbook Pro broke down yesterday 😱
This is a big problem for me since everything I do is on it. I'm using my wife's PC laptop right now. It can't handle editing and graphics. I made some research and found out that it's a problem with certain Macbooks. Apple is offering free repair but only if the product is not more than four years old. Mine is a late 2011 model 😭
I called Apple's authorized dealer and will send it to them. The problem with the dollar exchange rate is it's gonna be very expensive to repair it. I didn't need this right now but that's life, I have to deal with what is given to me. Also it's gonna take around 8 weeks if I do repair it, which makes me rethink what I'm gonna do with the music video.

I wrote to a couple of radio stations in Egypt, hoping they can play my first song. I want to benefit from the great feedback I got locally from Facebook. I can't say about that anywhere else. I know this is a long shot and probably no one will answer but I got nothing to lose..I'm desperate 😖

Comments

Popular posts from this blog