Ramadan is here...

Instead of wishing a Happy Ramadan and sharing a photo of a lantern, I can't help but be sad for all the violence that happened a few days ago in United Kingdom and today in Egypt. People are entering Ramadan mourning their loved ones, some are mourning the death of their kids. This is heart breaking. No matter how sad or upset I am, I know it will never compare to people who are actually going through this right now. God save us and protect us all.

It is crazy to think that right now, at this moment, someone around the world is getting married. Someone is having sex. Someone is having a baby. A baby is taking his first steps. Someone is dying. Someone is delivered bad news. Someone is crying "Help Me!"
We are all living in this crazy, up and down world, never knowing, never controlling, just hoping for the better.

So...Ramadan is one of the greatest and hardest months of the year. It's time to be spiritual, good and giving. It is also very hard because you can't eat or drink the whole day, which is totally tough 😭
I usually drink so much water at night, my belly bloats and wiggles like a fish tank. Too bad I can't have fish because I'm fasting.

Ramadan is fabulous in Egypt. It's all about big buffets and family gatherings. The last week was all about family and friends calling, setting up their day. We're almost booked for the whole month. We're either eating at someone's or inviting someone at home. I love Ramadan.
Although this is one of the best things about Ramadan, it's also the worst, because by the end of the month I always gain weight 😡 I should watch my food intake, but the food and the drinks taste so good, especially after a long day of nothing. Oh how incredible the taste of soup is after having to lick my dry lips for the whole day. Did I mention the beauty of the first cigarette after I eat.

Although Ramadan is one of the greatest months of the year, I always count the days until its done. I feel the need to get back to my old routine, like drinking water when I want to...
Somedays are easy and somedays feel like an eternity.
The worst things that happen to me, is when I wake up very thirsty and find it's already five minutes after sunrise, or I have to spend the whole day with a heartburn. These are trivial things compared to what other people might go through.

I wish Ramadan will be a peaceful and an easy month for everyone in this world.

I did Ramadan in so many places, most notably USA and Qatar.
In the US, I would eat all by myself, sometimes later than I'm supposed to, most of the time. It was a normal month there. So if I'm at work, I would usually take a ten minutes break and just find anything quick to eat.
I remember one day, I went out to get something to eat and the sunset was so beautiful, I stood in amazement for at least two minutes. The sky had these hues of orange, yellow and red, mixed with the clouds; it was more like a scene from "Gone With the Wind". I wondered "I never see sunsets like this is in Egypt" 😳

In Qatar it was fun. Although I never felt the festivities and sense of celebration I feel when I'm in Egypt, work was awesome. There was no work in Ramadan 😂
Our working hours are lowered from eight to five hours, and during these five hours, no-one is doing anything. I never got my yearly vacation in Ramadan because it was a vacation 😜

So the producer sent me a message and told me he had pneumonia 😱 The good news is he is feeling better and he's almost done with the song, hopefully I will hear something soon.
I have to get the money ready for the singers. Hopefully they'd be interested in the song and are ok with auditioning without asking for a hefty fee. I need to get the best vocals and performance regardless of the price tag, but I hope I can stay within budget.

I also added some budget for digital marketing with the PR company. I hope this spending will get any rewards, any...
As per the PR company's suggestion, I created a twitter account that they will handle. I didn't want to add anything, so I can leave it to the experts. Let's see what twitter will do to my career.
Personally, I believe Instagram and Snapchat are "the thing" right now, however I had no time to manage any of the above. I could barely handle this blog and Facebook.

I need a break...anything that lifts me up and gives me a slight of hope.

I feel that I'm so far away from my dream right now. Even in my writing, there ain't a lot to do with music. That's what I'm trying to change but I can't. I have to wait for each step to pass so I can get to the one after it. The song is taking too long and it hasn't finished yet. I can't seem to get anyone on board with my music. If it weren't for the feedback I got on my first song, in Facebook, I would lack any sense of confidence in what I'm doing right now. Yeah, I'm so confident right now, my ego is gonna make me burst.

Actually, I drank too much water..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog