Look at this pendulum. See how beautiful it is. Can you feel it going back and forth. The sound is so soothing and relaxing. Tick. Tock. You feel you loosen up as your heart beats. Can you feel the tingling in your fingers. Your eyelids getting heavier. Relax. You're going into a deep trance. You can't open your eyes. Surrender to the tranquility....

When I write "song", you will do as I say...

"Song"

You love my song too much, it's aching. You want to get it and listen to it over and over again. You want to share it with all your friends. I won't let you suffer any longer. Go buy it.

Now all I need is to share this blog with a million people. That could work 😈

The problem is reaching one million people. That is the actual problem. I bet if I can reach half of this number, I wouldn't have to use my hypnotic power to seduce people to do my bid 😂

I was never a convincing person. I have a hard time selling myself. Confidence have a great deal to do with it. To be honest, there were times in my twenties where I was very convincing. It was during certain times, in certain circumstances. But boy, during these times, I amazed even myself. Not even traces of these are here now.

I saw the movie "Get Out" a couple days ago. It gave me the idea to use my special super duper hypnotic powers. I can't use it too much, because it gets me thirsty and we're in Ramadan 😝
The movie was good. Overrated, but good. I think one of the reasons it got so much hype, is because of the racial undertones and commentary that it had in its subtext.

One of the things I'm doing right now to get some income is working as an Ads evaluator. It's taking time from me since I have to put some hours per day. The pay is below minimum wage but I'm doing this from home, and also with the exchange rate of the dollar to the Egyptian pound, it's not that bad.
I applied for this work about 7-8 months ago. I got a reply and started doing this about a month ago.

Ever since I started, I've been watching hundreds of YouTube videos everyday. It looks like everyone is on YouTube. Everyone wants to take a piece of the pie. I have seen some horrible videos 😱
Some people are just doing anything to get an audience. The amount of click bait is enormous.
One thing I knew for some time now, is that it's all about consistency. You can just stare at the camera for the duration of the video. If you do that and upload "Me staring at the camera" videos consistently for a period of time, you will have subscribers and views 😬

I've been wanting to do YouTube videos for about 4 years now, but never got to doing any.
I talked to many people that work in entertainment to collaborate on something but most of the people I know are lazy like me. Most people in Egypt look for the pay before the work 😕

Since I don't like appearing in front of the camera, I got a couple of ideas that I wanted to do but never gotten to doing any of them. Mostly because I start with a simple idea, animation shorts or compilation commentary, but then it starts to bloat, and I start to realize that I will need assistance to finish these in a reasonable time. You need to be pumping 2-3 videos per week to do any damage. Once a week is the minimum.... So I go and ask people to collaborate and it's the same vicious circle.
I never considered paying someone to get these things done. I'd rather use the money for my songs.

A couple of days ago, I started having this recurring idea of animated shorts that I was dabbling with for a while now. I started writing the script and was determined to get it done. I wanted to do something creative while sitting idle for the music to get done.

But then it came to me that instead of using my time to create these shorts, the time would be better used to try and work on the music video for the song I'm working on. That made more sense.
I know how I want the video to look, and I have a general idea of the story. The reason I wanted to get it outside is because I know it could be done so much better with professionals. They can do the things that I tell them easier, faster and probably in less time. Plus, they might add some ideas that make things more interesting. If I put the time, I might do a good job but it's not guaranteed right now.

Things are always a little slower in Ramadan so I might not start until after it ends, but I'll probably have a script by the end of it. I'll decide then which way to go...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog